We are seeking a media relations manager to play an integral role in public/media relations, corporate communications, and content creation for our company.
- Connect with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories about company news and other initiatives.
- Assist with event planning, including working with vendors, event coordinators, and design teams for on-site collateral.
- Create content regularly to grow the company’s footprint (press releases, corporate announcements, and creative content like SlideShare presentations).
- Collaborate with prominent members of the company, including executives, to craft and pitch press releases and thought leadership columns.
- Establish a sustainable, strategic approach to PR based on adding value to media outlets and event managers, not just asking for it.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- Past experience in public relations, corporate communications, content marketing, or relationship management.
- Skilled in creating, editing, and promoting written and visual content.
- The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Ideal candidate will have experience pitching, crafting, and placing content externally through guest blogging or op-ed development and experience with event management and sponsorships.